Tuesday, February 3, 2009

totally awkward tuesday (my first time)

Here's how Totally Awkward Tuesday goes:

1.) admit something awkward you did or witnessed,
2.) laugh at yourself (because laughing is fabulous; but being able to laugh at yourself is even better!),
3.) visit Tova Darling's wonderful blog and link up with her,
4.) laugh some more while reading everyone else's Totally Awkward Tuesday posts (while they presumably laugh until they cry as they read yours, of course), and
5.) go lie down for a minute, because, please, that was just entirely too much laughing.... unless you're at work, then.... umm.... get back to work, slacker.

(this is my first time at this, i hope i got it, at least a little bit)

i was doing my laundry at the crappy laundromat we have here and i had two washers full of clothes. i was waiting for them to get done, and i had went and got a rolly basket so i wouldn't have to carry all my 50lbs of clothes (not really THAT many, but it was heavy anyway). i was standing there, on the phone, HOLDING ON to the basket. the washer i was using was in front of a bench on one side of the door, and there was another bench on the other side of the door. this lady had sit down on the bench in front of my washers. and she had her rolly basket in front of her. so i had very little room to walk thru.
(and the weird part about that was, the dryer she was using was a LOT closer to the OTHER bench. that wasn't RIGHT IN FRONT of the washers i was using. but by ALL MEANS, use the one in front of where someone is doing there clothes!).. that didn't really bother me. whatever.

well, she had her husband and a little boy there with her. so i'm standing there, hanging on to that basket, BORED, waiting for my clothes to hurry and wash so i could throw them in the dryer and get out of that crap hole.
so i walk over to the end of the washers to see if the dryer i wanted to use was empty, and just for something to do. cause i was BORED. (did i mention that?) as i'm walking back, the little boy comes and takes the basket! mind you, there's one close to the dryer he was going to that he could have used. BUT NO. let's take this one. that someone already has. and the man (i'm assuming the dad of the little brat) just looks at me. and SMILES. i just looked at him like 'wtf dude? your kid is a brat and he's the reason i don't like kids. cause of parents like YOU'.

this got me pretty mad. and me, being the person i am, didn't say anything. oh how i wish i had the guts to! i wish i could stop being such a chicken and just say what i'm thinking!!
so of course, i just let it go. and had to carry that freaking heavy laundry over to the dryer.
and it was awkward cause momma was sitting there, folding her laundry, not paying any attention, and daddy just looked at me and smiled like a jerk. and what do you say to OTHER PEOPLE's kids?? NOTHING. cause that can get you in a LOT of trouble.


then i start to dry my clothes. trying not to fume too bad over the wonderful parenting of the mom and dad who apparently don't discipline little johnny-i-can-do-anything-cause-mommy-and-daddy-don't-say-anything-to-me-and-that's-why-i'm-a-brat.

this other woman comes in and starts her laundry in a washer close to where i'm drying my clothes. she's loading her washers and i go over and stand about a washer or so away from her, and just rest my head on my arms and stare out the door.. cause i was BORED. and trying to get over what just happened with little satan.
the next thing i know, something hit me on my hip/butt. i look down and ol' crabby (the woman who came in to do her laundry) had flung open the washer door and it hit me. so i look at her. and she doesn't even acknowledge. WTF is going on??? i sigh real loud and walk over to the dryer my clothes were in. and still, NOTHING. she just keeps on a-loadin'.
crabby lady is getting upset because first, she loads all her clothes in a washer (the one that she hit me with) and put the detergent in. come to find out, it wouldn't take any quarters. so she had to RELOAD all those clothes into a different washer. then, she keeps dropping her quarters. (which aggrevates the mortal crap out of me).
anyway, she taks and pushes one of the rolly baskets out of the way, with a little force, and what does it do? it slams into my hamper (which is just one of those light weight pop up hampers) and i was pretty close to it. so it bows my hamper after knocking it down, and rams into my leg.

AGAIN, i look up at her. NOTHING. she just goes over and moves the basket away from me. no excuse me, no sorry, no oh, no NOTHING.
so here comes the fumes again. i could not wait to get the F out of there.

so i left, went to wal mart and cooled off (which is kind of weird cause i always get aggrevated when i go into THAT place). then i came back, my clothes were done, i got them and WENT HOME. FINALLY....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Boo! That's frustrating! I'm like you - I probably wouldn't have said anything, either.

Thanks for participating!

Vic said...

I hate when people treat you like you're invisible -- and it always seems to happen all at once like that. I would have twisted that little boy's ear when no one was looking. (Okay, no I wouldn't, but it sounded good, right?)

Once a Japanese tourist SAT IN MY LAP without saying anything. I was a big breathing chair. Weird.

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

OH, no! I would have sighed really loud, too. It never works, but usually those moments are too awkward for words! What a rude, rude woman.

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

I had to laugh when you said you went into Wal-mart to cool off. That place always gets me so uptight! Sounds like the little boy is turning out like his parents. I hope your Wednesday is better!

Morgan the Muse said...

Oh, I do not think I could have kept my cool. I guess it was really bad, if you went to WalMart and felt better.